3 ideas for weekends breaks in the countryside near Paris
With the arrival of the spring and the first rays of sunshine, you may be yearning for some fresh air. What would you say to a bucolic break in the countryside, without needing to travel far from Paris? Yes, it is possible to escape and recharge your batteries without necessarily having to fly or take a week’s holiday! When you set out to discover new places near home for a weekend, you often discover secret havens you hadn’t even known existed…
In this article, we want you to share three destinations with you nestled in the heart of the countryside near Paris. Three ideas for a weekend break with your family or partner to escape, breathe, and simply let go. And all in a bucolic, rural setting.
1. A weekend in the great outdoors, almost like in Canada
Nature is budding, and with the arrival of the warmer weather, we invite you to discover the Perche Regional Park. The ideal setting to get out into the great outdoors and unwind for a weekend.
Are you yearning to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life? Then we have just the thing for you! Situated just 90 mins from Paris, at Huttopia Senonches you can enjoy real quality time with your family or partner. Come and make the most of the indoor heated swimming pool, the forest spa, and the national forest to recharge your batteries.
What can you see and do around Huttopia Senonches Village?
• Recharge your batteries in the heart of Senonches forest
One of the largest national forests in France. With more than 4000 hectares of land, there is plenty for you to explore!
• For fishing enthusiasts
Fishing lovers will be right in their element, with the many ponds, lakes and rivers that dot the Perche landscape. Don’t forget to bring your fishing gear (fishing permits can be bought at the campsite reception).
2. A bucolic weekend in the heart of an orchard in Calvados
For a change of scenery after the landscapes of the Touraine, we invite you to discover a haven of peace typical of the Normandy. For a weekend break just 2 hrs 20 from Paris, Huttopia Calvados-Normandie campsite offers a revitalizing break in the heart of Calvados and the Pays-d’Auge!
Come and camp in the midst of nature under the apple trees, in an idyllic rustic setting.
What can you see and do around Huttopia Calvados-Normandie campsite?
Sightseeing, walks, traditional cuisine, swimming, and family activities await you for an active holiday in the heart of the Normandy countryside. For a trip to the beach, Deauville is just 30 minutes away!
• Gastronomic discovery routes near the campsite
From Huttopia Calvados-Normandie campsite, you can explore the Cider Route – the quintessential drink of the Normandy! The campsite is also located at the crossroads of the region’s most famous cheese dairies, including delicious Pont-l’Évêque, Camembert, and Livarot. Most of the cheese dairies are open to visitors and are well worth a visit.
• Cultural heritage
Stroll through quaint villages typical of the Normandy in the vicinity of the campsite: Pierrefite-en-Auge, Marolles, Blangy-le-Château… Discover Lisieux and its basilica, or, further afield, Caen and its famous sights: the Caen Memorial, the D-day landing beaches, and Bec-Hellouin abbey, the cultural centre of the West in the Middle Ages. History lovers can also visit Bayeux, with its famous tapestry classified by UNESCO as “Memory of the World” heritage.
Our top picks for a family outing:
– Cerza Zoo, just 8 km from the Huttopia campsite
– Treetop adventures at Val des Cimes, 20 km from the campsite
– The crêperie les Blés d’Or, to tuck into some delicious Normandy pancakes
3. A weekend break in the heart of Rambouillet forest
Just 1 hour from the capital by train, Rambouillet forest is the perfect place to enjoy some quality time together in the midst of nature for a weekend break.
Located in the Yvelines, just a stone’s throw from Paris, it is the ideal destination for a spring weekend get-away. Enjoy a unique stay in a remarkable forest environment, both close to Paris and nestled in the heart of nature, with a beautiful natural swimming pool for you to cool off.
What can you see and do around Huttopia Rambouillet campsite?
• In the heart of Rambouillet forest, at Huttopia Rambouillet, take your pick between leisurely and outdoor activities.
Swimming in the natural pool, fishing on the Etang d’Or lake, and walks along the many footpaths await you at Huttopia Rambouillet campsite. Why not try the interactive Smart’Nature walk for families?
• Recharge your batteries with a bike ride to Rambouillet Castle and the National Sheepfold.
Start: From the campsite follow around the lake to the right.
1. At the end of the lake, stay on the main path towards Rambouillet.
2. Go under the main road and take the road opposite you at the roundabout. Follow the signs for “Château” but be careful because there is no cycle path!
3. At the square where the carousel is located, take the large gate into the castle and stay in the castle grounds.
4. Cross through the castle grounds, or make the most of the chance to explore them, then follow signs for the “Bergerie Nationale”.
Finish: To return to the campsite, simply retrace your steps. A detour through the English-style gardens is highly recommended.